Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bittersweet.

     My year is winding down. It really is starting to come to a close. My friends here are so excited about our Malaga trip at the end of the month and all of my family back home is ecstatic about coming to Europe to visit me and travel and I can't help but not feel a thing. Once I board that bus for Barcelona to see my family, I will have said goodbye to a very special host family and six of my best friends. The weight of this dreaded heart ache gets heavier and heavier with each day. On the other hand, I will be so thrilled to see my family again. I'm counting on it being the best moment of my life...but when set next to all of the depressing goodbyes everything just evens out. I feel so neutral. It's just a very bittersweet situation. So for now, I'm just excited about this moment. I know that I love my life at this moment in time and that is enough. I go crazy when I let all of these other thoughts flood my mind and then I start to freak out...which is never good.
     This year has been beyond my wildest dreams. It's been difficult and wonderful and stressful yet absolutely amazing. I am living my dream. I am speaking a foreign (well not so foreign anymore) language and living in a country an ocean away from my hometown and I did this without not knowing a single person here before September...this is what I've wanted for so long and I'm so happy that I've been blessed with this chance of a lifetime...but I know this is just a chapter in my exciting adventurous life. I don't know exactly what the content of the next chapters will be, but I think I know some of their titles. I needn't worry about all that yet. Tomorrow holds something new and exciting for the Spain chapter: I'm going to jump on the trampoline at Mitch's house with Athena and Tabs. This may not sound like a big thing, but trust me, there are bound to be many funny stories from it.
     I'm happy with today and excited about tomorrow. And that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment